WSHFC Down Payment Assistance
The Washington State Housing Finance Commission’s down payment assistance programs provide loans for assistance with down payment and closing costs and can only be used with the Commission’s first mortgage loan programs. These loans are due and payable upon sale, transfer, non-occupancy or refinance of property and cannot be subordinated upon refinance of the first mortgage. One of these available down payment assistance programs is the Home Advantage program.
If you will be using any of the WSHFC Commission’s programs to purchase your home, you must complete the seminar before your loan officer can lock in your interest rate. Many people find they gain enough information at the seminar to successfully locate and finance a home of their own.
WSHFC Homebuyer Education Seminars
Mortgage Master offers commission-sponsored education seminars for first time homebuyers. They are free and open to the public, include information about the Commission’s first mortgage programs, downpayment assistance, and other loan programs; and are accepted by all affordable housing loan programs as meeting or exceeding educational requirements.
- Seminars are at least five hours in length, covering all major aspects of the home buying process
- Seminars are presented in an open, unbiased format
- Seminars use approved training materials and handouts
- Seminars are offered by professionals who have attended the Commission’s instructor training
- No direct marketing or sales presentations may be given either by the instructor or any guest speakers